Thursday, January 29, 2015

Music to my Soul

Another Valentine today!  This one uses a Saturated Canary image (from the New Year 2015 Bundle).  I watercolored the image with my Distress Markers.  The sentiment was one I created on my computer.  


The papers and stickers are from the Carta Bella Words of Love Collection Kit.  The edges of the papers were inked in Pumice Stone Distress Ink.  The metal pieces are some Momenta pieces I've had for some time, and the hearts were punched with my Martha Stewart Confetti Heart punch (some were glittered with some red stickles).   The twine and gemstones were from my stash.




Challenges:

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Be Mine Silhouettes

I know it's been a while since I posted a non-DT card.  December just was crazy and then I got sick at the beginning of the year, and then occupied by a project that has been taking up most of my free time.  I agreed to create a whole bunch of Valentine's for a charity fundraiser, and I've been frantically cutting and pasting - trying to get them done!   I finally took a few moments to photograph a bunch, so there will be quite a few Valentines to share in the coming weeks!  These are larger than my typical cards, at 5x7. so it presents a unique challenge to me to create on a larger scale than I'm used to.  

I had this super adorable Silhouette cut that I had purchased, so I wanted to use it as the focus on a card.  The "be mine" is a craftsmart stamp that I stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with a red tinsel powder.  


The papers are from my stash, and the doily is from Doodlebug.  The hearts were cut from the Martha Stewart Heart Confetti punch and glittered with some red Stickles.


The "love you" stamped on the inside was from a Heidi Swapp set.  


Challenges:


Sunday, January 25, 2015

Believe in Magic

I'm back again with another card for the challenge over at 613 Avenue Create!  This week our twist on the Anything Goes Challenge, is to create your own challenge using the table I've marked below.

The wonderful sponsor that I was able to work with this week is Bugaboo Stamps.



I was using the "Unicorn" image from Bugaboo.  I used my Distress Markers to watercolor the image.  Then I used Stickles (both in clear and gold) to add some sparkle to the unicorn's horn and hooves.  I little bit of Glossy Accents was added to the eye for some depth and shine.  I topped the flowers in the image with some I punched our of scrap cardstock, and added some buttons from my stash to the centers.


I prepped some patterned papers from my stash in a couple ways.  The floral paper had a design added to it using a stencil I have (it was a cheap set of various patterns from Walmart), and some glitter embossing paste.  I used a Stampabilities stamp and Versamark to stamp on the blue dot paper, and then heat embossed the panel with some gold embossing powder.  I backed the panels with a piece of solid aqua card stock and some pearlized gold paper.  I also added a bit of satin ribbon from my stash.  Then I added the panels to my square card base.


I stamped the sentiment (for both the inside and outside) in Versamark and again heat embossed them in gold.  I cut a fishtail on the paper strips, and I added a few tiny gemstones for some bling.



Be sure to stop in over at 613 Avenue Create for the creations by my amazing teamies!

Challenges:

Sunday, January 11, 2015

PARTY TIME!!!

IT'S TIME TO PARTY!!!  It's the 2nd Annual Block Party over at 613 Avenue Create this week.  We have a new challenge (1,001 Techniques) for you, a fun game, and a ton of fun prizes, so be sure to stop on by to visit.

(And here's a random bit of trivia for you: The FIRST block party was my first time posting as part of the DT for 613 Avenue Create, so this is also an anniversary occasion for me!)


Today I got to work with a file from The Cutting Cafe.  I have to be honest, I've been really sick and the congestion and aches have made me really foggy lately. So, I had a ton of trouble trying to figure out how to load the SVGs into the latest version of my Silhouette software.  I wound up going old school and used the images as a template.  However, the project is just as cute as it would have been if my brain had been working and I'd been able to use my Silhouette.


For the 1001 techniques, I made my first ever shaker card.  There's a TON of inking and heat embossing on this card.


I stamped the upper frame of the balloon with Versamark and a script stamp - embossing that in gold - and then, I inked the frame with Fired Brick, Frayed Burlap and Weathered Wood Distress Inks.  The bottom balloon was inked with the Fired Brick ink so that it would coordinate.   The sentiment (from Papertrey Ink) is heat embossed onto a piece of clear acrylic.


The flourishes on the background are from a set by Inkadinkado, and are heat embossed in white.

Be sure to stop by and help us celebrate over at 613 Avenue Create!!


Challenges:


Sunday, December 28, 2014

Holiday Thanks

It's time for another challenge over at 613 Avenue Create!  This week we are all about the Anything Goes Challenge - no twists involved!  

I wanted to make a simple and sweet thank you gift as my project this week.  I was able to use some adorable Nutcracker images from one of our sponsors - Melonheadz - to decorate a wrap on a candy box.


I punched the scalloped borders from red cardstock, added a bit of paper from my stash, some May Arts ribbon, and stamped a thank you on with VersaMark, which I embossed in gold.


Challenges:
none